Friday, May 29, 2009

Back Alley and the River's Edge

I was asked by Kelly Joe to take some photographs for publicity use. I dig hanging out with him, he's one cool cat. Beside the fact that I think he's one of the most talented singer songwriters of the day, he's just one of the most "chill" people I know. If you want to check out more images of him and give a listen to some great music go here.





My thought was to do a real minimalist thing with the images to carry along the feel of the jazz like improv style of the album. It worked out perfectly because once everyone saw the resulting images they decided to scrap the Illustrations and go with my photography throughout the package layout.

C'mon, leave a comment!

1 comment:

  1. The art is a perfect reflection of the free improvisation in the music. The music on the album gives you the opportunity to feel as if you are in a small room, sitting next to KJP while he improvs freely. The pictures provide the same casualness, as if you were standing in the alley or walking by the water with KJP. Well done!

    ReplyDelete